Academic Outreach Initiative
Ohio University is developing partnerships with health care providers to provide relevant and efficient nurse education. Through these partnerships, health care providers use Ohio University's high quality RN-to-BSN program to recruit, retain, and enhance the effectiveness of associate degree and diploma-prepared nurses.
- Affordable: Ohio University offers this online RN-to-BSN program for $240 per credit hour for Ohio residents and $243 per credit hour for non-Ohio residents. Support courses also may be taken through this program at affordable tuition.
- Convenient: The RN-to-BSN program can be completed in as little as 18-24 months through an innovative learning management system that allows nurses to complete most course work in the convenience of their homes while being closely supported by a facilitator.
- Effective: Research published in Nurse Leader, a periodical for the American Organization of Nurse Executives, shows that an increased percentage of bachelor's-prepared nurses results in improved patient outcomes due to advanced professional behaviors, including:
- Problem solving
- Performance of complex functions
- Effective communication
Benefits for Health Care Partners:
- Join an elite group of partners. Ohio University Academic Outreach Initiative includes a growing number of the top 20 health care systems in Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Michigan.
- Reduce tuition reimbursement expense. The RN-to-BSN Academic Outreach Initiative offers preferred tuition of $240 per credit hour for Ohio residents and $243 per credit hour for non-Ohio residents, well below the average cost of over $12,000 in the state of Ohio.
- Recruit, retain, and grow future managers. Use this relevant degree program to attract and keep excellent nurses who are interested in growing their careers.
- Offer career advancement. Provide opportunities for more qualified employees.
- Save in education costs! The RN-to-BSN Academic Outreach Initiative Program can help employers reduce education costs by aligning bachelor's degree-trained nurses with hospital goals.
To find out if your employer or membership organization is a partner, visit our partners list.
To become a partner, contact firstname.lastname@example.org now!
If your employer is not a partner, but you are interested in Ohio University's other nursing programs, visit www.ohio.edu/chsp/nrse/index.cfm