- Complete online application and submit $25 application fee online.
- Hold a current license to practice as a registered nurse. Provide your license number on application.
- Submit your official transcripts* from all schools that you have attended since high school, except Ohio University, and/or the evaluation of scores from all proficiency or professional tests you have taken. Transcripts should include verification that you are a graduate of a state board of nursing approved associate degree or diploma program in nursing.
- International students must submit both an official copy from the international institution as well as the evaluation.
- To progress through the program you must:
- Earn a grade of 80% (B-) or better in each Nursing course (NRSE series). If you do not earn a grade of B-, you must retake the course before progressing to the next course in the sequence.
- Arrange for clinical experiences, with your advisor, when required by a course to do so.
A HIPAA Statement of Compliance form must be signed and sent to the School of Nursing before the end of 4510 to be added to your student file. You may access the blank PDF form at the RN-to-BSN Student Knowledge Center or here.
Send the signed form to the School of Nursing:
By Fax: 740-597-1326
By US Postal Service:
RN-to-BSN Academic Outreach Initiative
School of Nursing
Grover Center E365
Athens, OH 45701
* Official transcripts are sealed transcripts sent from the sending institution.
Switching to the RN-to-BSN online program
Increasing numbers of students are enjoying the convenience of taking courses online. If you are a student in our current RN-to-BSN degree program and are planning to switch to the RN-to-BSN Academic Outreach Initiative program, please print and complete the Application for Update of Program(s) form (.pdf).
Submit form to:
102 Haning Hall
Athens, OH 45701